Thursday 29 June 2017

Sewing for me and for DMTV

Who could resist a few hours out in the workroom when, even on a dull day, it looks so appealing?


I know how lucky I am to have a little sanctuary out on the garden where I can forget the woes of the outside world. Some days I have to be prised out!


If you peep inside you can see I've been dressmaking today. I don't have any fabric shops nearby so I had a bit of a spend online at Minerva Crafts last week.


This is their very dark navy and white jacquard jersey. It only takes 1.5 metres to make yet another version of the relaxed dress from last autumn's Ottobre magazine.


The stripes are actually rows of knitted diamonds. I know I'll wear this a lot - all it needs to finish it is the for the hems to be turned. My daughter Frances says I should find a different pattern because this one is so well used it's beginning to look as though Laura and I wear a uniform. I might have to agree because I've made eight dresses between the two of us so far!


In life there must be balance so dragging myself away from my overlocker I've started a project which will be entirely hand sewn. You may wonder what Modigliani, Hans Memling and hexagons have in common. DMTV viewers will find out very shortly.



In the meantime I'm loving having some therapeutic hand stitching to keep me contented!

Bye for now - Linda x


3 comments:

  1. You had me at HEX!!!! You know my love for hexies!!!! Can't wait for our DMTV show!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sewing as fast as I can Robbie! Not long now if I decide it's gonna be a cushion - quite some time if it's got to be a quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    Máy đưa võng tự động là quà tặng tuyệt vời giúp bé yêu ngủ ngon giấc, là phương pháp ru con thời hiện đại của các ông bố bà mẹ bận rộn. Hệ thống website máy đưa võng TS của An Thái Sơn gồm: Mayduavong.me, Mayduavong.mobi, Mayduavong.wsMayduavong.in giúp bé ngủ ngon.

    ReplyDelete